With an open work permit you can work for any employer in Canada. An open work-permit is non-job specific, therefore you will not need a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) in order to apply.
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you are in one of the following situations:
- Permanent residence applicants who have applied to an office in Canada,
- Dependent family members of some permanent residence applicants,
- Spouses and common-law partners of some workers and international students,
- Refugees, refugee claimants, protected persons and their family members,
- Some temporary resident permit holders, or
- Some young workers participating in special programs.
In each of these situations, you must meet additional criteria to be eligible.